Saturday, June 26, 2010

We do so much for them to remember so little...

So, today was Hudson's second birthday party. We had it at Memorial Hermann Park, near the zoo downtown. I think I was more excited about today then Hudson was. The dinosaur cake looked awesome, the decorations were fun, Hudson would get to play with his friends all day, and I would get to see two of my besties that live too far away.
The party started at 9, so we left the house at 7:30, after all we had to set up for his special day. We get there a little after 8 this morning and the parking is anything BUT convenient. No matter where you park you end up walking about a half a mile to get to the actual playground area. We had a lot of crap to carry: food, cake, cupcakes, decorations, drinks and 2 kids mainly. Jorge had to make multiple trips and I carried Mia (in the baby bejorn- so that made me extra hot and sweaty) but it's better than lugging around that 40 pound awkward infant car seat and the decorations.
We're hurrying to get set up and everyone ends up being about 30 mins late b/c they don't know where the park is from the zoo. Today late is great because I had to set up anyway, so it worked out in my favor.
The party was a hit. The kids played in the play ground and water area, hit the pinata, sang happy birthday and ate cake. It was over before I knew it.
Hudson passed out on the way home and slept for about 3 hours (you can tell he had fun). When he woke up we opened his gifts. Opening gifts is the easy part, undoing all of those plastic ties that they put on EVERYTHING takes forever. It's ridiculous. Is it really necessary to have those on everything? Is the dinosaur going to fall out of the package if there isn't 10 plastic ties on the toy holding it to the box? gezz...so after I "undid" all of his toys he plays with them for a total of 5 minutes, walks upstairs and wants to watch Maisy. A cartoon that we have on DVD. Are you kidding me? I just did all of that work for him to want to go upstairs and watch the same DVD that he watches everyday???
Jorge and I worked very hard to make this day special for him. Sad thing is he won't remember a thing. That's why we have a camcorder and camera, right?
Happy Birthday angel-face!! I love you more than you'll ever know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.