Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dinner Time

Those of you who know me know I am a "foody." I love to eat, especially snacks, sweets, and cereal. I have a bowl every single night before bedtime.
But my children are making me not want to eat anymore. Let me paint a picture for you of what dinner time looks like at our house.
Jorge and I cooked hamburgers tonight-yummy! The three of us are sitting at the dinner table (Jorge and I are the only ones actually eating). Hudson is picking the cheese off of his hamburger bites and trying to grab chips off of mommy and daddy's plate the entire time saying "chips, chips, chips" while Mia rocks in her swing crying the ENTIRE time.
So, I put my burger down and go see if she has a wet diaper-she does and I change it. She should be happy as a lark now, right? Wrong! Back to crying, as I return to munch on my not so hot anymore hamburger while Hudson is now trying to drink daddy's coke...coke and chips-two things we try not to give him. So, I go to the pantry and try to see what he'll eat. I grab peanut butter crackers (hey, they have protein, right?). He proceeds to pick off the peanut butter (which is now mostly on the kitchen floor and his hands) and leave the crackers on the table untouched, as I try to finish my cold burger and wipe away his crumbs at the same time. So, now Mia is still crying in her swing, Hudson still hasn't eaten any dinner and I'm still starving because my start and stop time of eating had been quite a chunk of time.
So, if anyone knows of someone who can be my cook and nanny for free (b/c we don't have any way of paying them) please let me know. Thanks. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.