Thursday, June 24, 2010

The fun continues

Mia slept through the night for 4 nights in a row, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I didn't want to tell anyone for fear I might jinx it. After last night I thought "screw it, let's blog about it." So, she went down last night at 6:30 and woke up right at 10:30 (when I was ready to go to bed of course). You're probably thinking, "why didn't you sleep while she was asleep?"
1. My son was awake and I wanted to spend time with him.
2. I wasn't tired at 6:30.
So, when she woke up she didn't want to go back to sleep-of course. So I think that I just stared at her off and on during the night and slept here and there. I feed her at 1:00, 4:00....drifted off again about 5:15ish, heard Hudson get up at 6:00...I fell back asleep after that and staggered out of bed after 7 this morning.
Did I get a nap today? No, when Hudson fell asleep Mia was hungry and then after I fed her I was hungry...food trumps sleep sometimes.
So here I am Thursday afternoon at 2:30. Both kids are asleep and I am blogging. It's not as good as sleeping, but the house is quiet and it's peaceful so I can't complain. A friend told me to cherish these sleepless moments b/c this might be the last kid I have. In a way she's right. I will miss these sleepless nights like someone misses herpes but they are only this little for such a short amount of time, unfortunately.
They are healthy and happy and there are much worse things then me being tired. Jorge probably doesn't think so b/c I can be a complete bitch when I don't get enough sleep-but he loves me-flaws and everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.