Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is it really worth it?

Ever since Mia was born I have felt like I am on "lock down" trapped inside my house on the couch breastfeeding for the better part of the day so...
We (the kids and I) along with my mom went out this morning to run some errands. We went to the chiropractor (b/c my back is completely ruined from having kids and carrying them everywhere) and to Market Street in The Woodlands, and the mall.
After I had already taken the double stroller out of the trunk for the third time and hooked Mia's car seat in the front and strapped Hudson in the back, and strapped my diaper bag on the front of the stroller, and closed the trunk and the passenger doors we were ready to go inside the mall.
My mother made the comment, "when I had small kids it wasn't even worth it to go out." Part of me agrees with this statement. It takes forever just to get out of the car...geezzz. But once we got inside we had a blast. Hudson played in the indoor play area and rode the carousal, ate some delicious Chick-Fil-a and even got some jazzy new clothes from Gymboree.
So, is it really worth it? Of course it is to see that smile on his face. Will my back ever get better, probably not anytime soon. I asked my doctor today if carrying these kids everywhere was counterproductive to my progress, she said, "well yes, but they are both so little and it has to be done." I told her hopefully in 6 years my back would be better when they could do things on their own, ie:baths, getting in and out of cars,walking up and down stairs etc. She promised me it wouldn't take that long...here's to hoping.

1 comments:

The Traveling Courvilles said...

Sharon, I just have to say, I think you are doing great. When we went to see you guys, you seemed so settled and happy. I know what you mean about feeling shut-in and wondering if its worth getting out. Whenever Jason and I take the kids anywhere, we expect the worst and hope for the best =) Call me anytime you get bored and just want to talk.

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.