Friday, June 18, 2010

6 weeks

I use to think that the doctor told you to wait 6 weeks after having a baby to have sex in order to give everything done there a chance to heal...now I think they tell you that for other reasons.
1) You're so damn tired that it is the last thing on your "to do list." Maybe after 6 weeks your baby will be getting some kind of sleeping schedule and if not maybe you can get a quickie in between naps.
2) You're still in your maternity clothes with that beautiful muffin top (unless you've been introduced to Spanx-thank god for those) pouring out over your pants and don't want your significant other to have sex with that thing...

Those are my top 2 reasons. I am sure healing is also a very valid point too. But the other two make more sense to me 3 weeks post baby.
Jorge hits my butt the other day and asks, "when are you going to be ready for me?" I'm thinking ready for you to give me a massage. Ready for you to cook me dinner. Ready for you to fold clothes...he's a man-of course he was talking about sex.
I just smiled-thinking a year from now sounds about right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.