Sunday, June 20, 2010

Must haves for moms

When I had Hudson I registered for an infant carrier-I think it was an Infantino or a Chicco...don't remember but it sucked. I didn't want to register for a Baby Bjorn because it was twice as expensive and I didn't think I would get it anyway. Hudson hated the one I got and it was killer on my back.
My friend gave me her Baby Bjorn for Mia and it is "the cat's meow." She slept in it on me for 3+ hours yesterday while I cooked lunch, farted around on FB, and tidied up a bit. Thank you Tasha! If you are pregnant you must invest/register for this. It was painless on my back and she was snuggled right up to me and I got some stuff accomplished-added bonus! My dad always says you get what you pay for, in this case it's worth paying almost twice as much for a good-scratch that-great infant carrier.
Another must have: nipple cream. I bought nipple cream pre-Mia but didn't use it, thinking I'll be fine I have nursed before.
But sweet Jesus! The joke was on me-she is a hard sucker and my nipples were cracked and bleeding (TMI). Sorry if you got a mental picture on that one. I lathered my nipples with that goodness for the first week and now I am fine, but if I would have done it before hand I wouldn't have been in so much pain. You must have this on hand if you plan to breastfeed, unless you have special rock hard nipples...I sure didn't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.