Saturday, November 6, 2010

Date Night

I don't even know if Jorge and I have had a date night (with just the two of us) since Hudson was born, and that was over 28 months ago. He thinks we went to see Mars Volta (a concert) but I can't remember when that was exactly). Some of you might be reading this and thinking, "how sad." But in reality I wouldn't have it any other way. I became a mother 28 months ago and since then have devoted my life to Hudson and now Mia. The days of going out and drinking have subsided, going to a movie on a Friday or Saturday night (like we use to do every weekend) is out of the question because tickets are now $9-10 a piece, so we have Netflix for $9 a month...I know that if I wanted a date night I could drop the kids off at my parents house, no questions asked...but I don't want to. I am a working mother and when I am not at work I like to be at home with my kids and hubby. I am not one of those moms who drops her kids off to catch up on her sleep, I chose to have kids and lack of sleep comes with the deal. My children are small for such a short period of time. Hud will be in school before I know it and Mia will be crawling...Jorge and I have alone time, but it usually consists of watching movies at home, or being on our computers together having our version of "pillow talk". We have the rest of our lives to be together and only less than 18 years (16 for Hud) for the kids to be living at home with us. You're probably thinking that seems like forever, but Jorge and I have been together for almost 7 years and it has flown by. It's awesome to watch Hudson grow and become a little man, but so sad to think that the days of playing with Thomas the train and riding in his Power Wheels Jeep are going to be short lived. I love being a mom more than anything and I am so thankful to have 2 beautiful, healthy, wonderful children!
But tonight Jorge and I are going to do something out of the ordinary... and we are going on a date!!! I know, a date!! Just the two of us on a Saturday night. He surprised me with tickets to see Lady Antebellum and I am super excited!! Mom and dad are coming to the house to watch the kids. A night free of changing diapers, feedings and bath times! A night where I am not in bed by 10:00.
I know alone time with your husband is important, it's just so hard to find time when you have 2 little kids who constantly need your attention. But we're trying to work on it and find a happy balance.
So tonight we are going to live it up! We're going to be the Jorge and Sharon we were before becoming parents..okay I take that back, we're not going to be that crazy. =) But it should be fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.