Monday, November 15, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Aw! Cold, crisp weather is here and I L-O-V-E it! Texas does not get too many days like these, so I am going to embrace them with my scarfs, cute hats and wool coats. Jorge was playing, "Baby it's cold outside" this weekend (my favorite version the one from Elf) and it immediately put me in the holiday spirit.
We ended up going to the Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens this weekend, a mile of Christmas lights...so beautiful! Hot chocolate was sold on every corner, there was a fire pit to roast marshmallows and even a Santa Clause to get your picture taken with. It doesn't get any more "Christmasy" than that.
Hudson thought the lights were beautiful and we all looked like Rudolph when we left because it was so cold. Thank goodness it wasn't this cold when we got married in December 5 years ago...The kids and I along with my mom went Christmas shopping yesterday at the mall. I can't say that I enjoy shopping but I do love all of the decorations and the smell of Christmas (those delicious nuts they roast in the mall kiosks-to die for! Now that I have 2 small children Christmas has become more fun, little ones believing in Santa, leaving cookies out, watching holiday movies, I love every bit of it! This Christmas is even more special because it's Mia's first one. I can't wait to get our family portrait taken of the four of us. We are so blessed and I am so thankful. Merry Christmas to all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.