Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weight for Sex

According to my Fitness magazine 51% of women say they'd skip sex for a year if it meant they'd be skinny. The rest would rather have great sex and be about 3o pounds overweight. I am with the majority on this one ( I don't think Jorge likes that)...What's really ironic is that when we were dating I weighed 30 more pounds than I do now and we had A LOT more sex...coincidence?? You tell me.
I don't really know why I started running a few months ago and being "addicted" to fitness, but I will tell you that maintaining this lifestyle is a bitch. I hope I'm not making you think it's easy because it is far from it. I try to run 6 days a week and now if I slip to 5 I don't feel too guilty(notice I said too guilty), but it has to be at least 5. Pretending that my carrot sticks are Cheetos and my ground turkey burger is a juicy burger from Fuddruckers isn't a fun game to play either. I have lost weight and I don't want that weight to find me again for many reasons, Spring Break is a reason, family reunion in June is another reason, floating the river for my friend's 30th in July is another good reason...wearing a bathing suit seems to be the theme in all of these events, then there's 3 months of summer where I'll be taking the kids to pools and waterparks...damn you Jillian Michaels!!
Before I eat something I think I shouldn't or try to skip working out I think to myself, WWJMD, and it motivates me to turn on that 6 week 6 pack or run a little further. I told Jorge the other day maintaining this lifestyle is "for the birds" and I asked him how Jillian and all those other trainers do it? He said, "babe this is their life, that's all they do." It really put it in perspective for me. This is their full time job. I have a full time job and children, that's the difference.
Another thing that Fitness magazine said this month, "what you weigh isn't as important as what you fit into. 65% of women say the size they wear is a bigger deal than the number on the scale". I agree with the majority on this one too. I use to have a magic number that I was trying to reach, but going down in pant size was more exciting and rewarding. To me feeling good in my clothes is more rewarding then achieving that magic number.
I won't give up on working out and trying to eat better. I know it's hard. But when you think about wanting to give up just ask yourself but WWSGD and keep kicking ass!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.