Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Lover's Lane

Jorge had roses delivered to me at work circa 2006, I saw the credit card bill ($89), and I told him never to do that again...well he heard me loud and clear. I don't think I ever received roses after that on Valentine's Day. I think I said something like, "do you know what we could buy for $89, those roses are going to die in a few days..are you crazy!?" I have never been a fan of V-day, chocolates, roses, balloons, who needs all that crap? Can't you just be romantic 365 days a year instead of one?? I always thought Valentine's Day was a pointless, silly, not really a holiday holiday until yesterday.
We have been together for 7 years and have 2 small children, so you can imagine the romance in our relationship, or lack there of. We have become parents and have lost some of the luster in our relationship. It's all about the kids and changing diapers and feeding them and playing trains and goo goos and gaas gaas with the baby.
But yesterday was an exception, a wonderful, must needed exception. I came home and Jorge had 3 beautiful pink roses waiting for me on the counter (I thought this was my present), but no he had also bought me bath beads and a bottle of wine and a new MP3 player (my old one held 1 GB, this one holds 16). I don't have to listen to the same 4 CDS (J-Tims, Britney, BEPS, Pink) I have been listening to since 2005 when he bought me my other one. I get to jam to my new favs like Kesha, Chris Brown, Rhianna and Katy Perry!!
We put the kids to bed and took a bath with our Jasmine salts while drinking our Pinot Grigio, talking, just the 2 of us...adult conversation is PRICELESS. Connecting with your spouse, remembering why you fell in love all over again...AWW it was amazing. He told me I was sexy and made me feel like a princess.
I kept thinking someone had kidnapped my husband, what had gotten into him? Who was this man? I am not complaining, I loved every minute. Who knew you could have such an amazing time without even leaving the house. I loved last night!! The only bad part is now I have something to compare all the future Valentine's days to. Sorry about that babe-I love you, Jorge Giovanni, so much! Thank you for a priceless evening!

2 comments:

chris & cheryl butler said...

Sharon, that is awesome. So glad to read your post. you post from the heart, always, and it usually brings me to tears. (not that that is super hard?!?). Anyway, miss you.
cheryl

The Traveling Courvilles said...

I thought I was going to be disgusted before I read this (LOL) but was actually smiling instead. You two make a great couple! {{Hugs}}

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.