Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

As I sit in my house at 7:45 listening to my neighbors play their music loudly as though they are the only people in the neighborhood I think to myself when did I start hating News Year's Eve so much? Oh yea, I remember...it all started when I got knocked up back in 2007. So, I guess the last 4 New Years' Eves have been a complete bust for me.
2007-knocked up
2008-6 month old baby (can't have a hangover with one of those)
2009-knocked up
2010-7 month old baby and a 2.5 year old (can't have a hang over with 2 babies)...
So, as all of my single friends, and friends without kids, and friends with older kids who sleep past 7 o'clock, can feed themselves and wipe their own asses are enjoying a late night of partying and drinking; I am sitting here on the computer listening to my neighbor's techno music that I could do without and their fireworks that I am sure will still be blasting off as I am trying to sleep tonight. Have I become the scrooge of News Years? Why do we have to have a holiday where everyone is suppose to drink themselves to sleep and get that sloppy kiss at midnight?? Can't we do that any day of the week? Will I be up at midnight to hear the strangers of New York City counting backwards from 10 as Carson Daly pretends to still have a career? It's possible...as tired as I am right now I could fall asleep for a few days and catch up on some much needed R&R.
But for those of you out there who enjoy this "holiday" drink a brewsky for me and watch that ball drop as though you are seeing it for the first time.
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1...HAPPY NEW YEARS!

1 comments:

Natali G said...

Nice work, Sharon! lol!

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.