Saturday, December 18, 2010

Dear Santa,

This isn't going to be your typical Christmas letter Santa...As Christmas approaches we all need to remember what it really represents, the birth of Jesus Christ. I realized this when Hudson was singing Happy Birthday to Jesus at his mother's day out program last week. I have so much to be thankful for and I unfortunately take it for granted. I have a nice house with 3 people in it who love me unconditionally. I have 2 healthy, beautiful babies, a job that I love going to, parents who raised me well, brothers who annoy the heck out of me but would do anything for me and the list goes on.
I work in a low socioeconomic school with some students who can't afford to pay their utility bills, or have clean clothes to wear. I have never had to want, and for that I say thank you God. Thank you for all of your blessings. I am sorry if I have been ungrateful. I know I am a sinner, I curse like a sailor and drink like a fish sometimes but overall I try to be a good person. I am a good wife and an even better mom and I am going to try to be an even better person.
Children today are so spoiled with Christmas gifts (mine included). I want my children to realize that Christmas is about being together and counting your blessings and I have a lot to count. So Santa I don't need anything this year. I just want to be with my wonderful family and enjoy some much needed relaxation over the holidays. Please bless those who do have a Christmas list. Thank you "Santa."

1 comments:

The Traveling Courvilles said...

Very poignant and well-said. And God bless all those who give so much to help others. *Merry Christmas*

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.