Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter Break

I can't believe that my 2 week vacation is coming to an end. I figured the less I did the longer the break would feel. I didn't go out of town, or really leave the house that much except to run nearby errands, and here it is December 30th.
It was a wonderful break though. I got to be a stay at home mom for 2 weeks. Mia started creeping, and actually crawled a little today and Hudson peed on the potty and we heard it sing, 2 huge milestones that I would have missed if I was at work. Every morning Hudson woke me up and wanted to play trains and told me he was hungry. =) We ate eggs and pancakes for breakfast and sometimes fish sticks and macaroni and cheese, hey whatever works!
Jorge and I were able to unwind at night with a few night caps. I sure had missed Mr. Jack and his friend coke. It had been a long time...we were also able to have a lot more nights of "togetherness," something that is more enjoyable when you're not exhausted from working all day. Our dear friends, Leslie and Bill came to visit from CO and we spent a lot of time with my side of the family.
Jorge also celebrated his 30th birthday! We went to lunch at Brio in The Woodlands and then shopping for his birthday with the kids. It has been a wonderful, semi-relaxing vacation. Tomorrow is New Years Eve and then we have the weekend to wind down and sleep past 6. I am so thankful for this time off with my beautiful family and am also thankful I have a job that I love to go back to. Being with my children and hubby is priceless. 2010 has been a wonderful year for me, we bought a bigger house, had Mia and Jorge has been able to work from home. Bring it on 2011, I am ready to see what you have in store for us!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.