Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Superwoman has died

You know all of the energy and spunk I had in my last blogs, bringing sexy back, no more alcohol, running everyday...etc. Well it's on hiatus. For about 3 weeks I was working summer hours 8-3 and last week was my first 9 hour day (7-4). What a difference the 2 hours makes. I am exhausted!! Did I run last night? No...I ate ice cream. Have I run tonight? No, not yet, and I am dreaming about a nice cold brewsky right now too.
Oh if only there were more hours in the day. Here is a typical day for me for those of you who are interested. If you are not, skip this part....wake up at 6:00 (I wish I didn't even know what 6 am looked like-it's still dark out there people!) Work 9 hours every day, get home clean Mia's bottles and my breast pump parts (which takes longer than I would like), eat dinner that my wonderful husband cooked and then help him clean up the kitchen, love on my babies (which includes feeding and changing diapers) and play with Hudson (he loves cars!), check my email/FB, bathe both babies, put babies to bed. Time now is about 8:30. By this time I can either run and take a shower and go to bed or not run and watch a movie/tv/read and go to bed. I must be in bed by 10ish and if Mia wakes up during the night so help me God b/c I will be even more of a zombie the next day.
WTH? Where do all of the hours go in a day?? I feel as though I don't even have time to wipe my ass anymore (don't worry I still do). I barely have the energy to brush my teeth and the Sonicare does most of the work for me.
I thought it was the older you got the less sleep you needed, Bullshit! I can't seem to get enough sleep. My brother makes fun of me and my weekend naps. Am I 28 or 68?...
Yes, I want to look like a supermodel, but do I want to drink my occasional beer and eat my occasional scoop of ice cream more? Why can't I have my cake and at it too-Literally. Don't worry I am still bringing sexy back, it just might take her a little longer to return then I had expected.

1 comments:

sara said...

Your a beautiful mom and great wife and that is what makes you the most sexy. Don't forget it.

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.