Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm bringing sexy back!

A three letter word most women hate-F-A-T, myself included. My weight has been a roller coaster since I can remember. Depending on when you first met me depends on how you remember me looking. 7th-10th grade I was pretty skinny (tan), size two, could eat ANYTHING I wanted. I would eat McDonald's every week for breakfast and never really exercise.
Then my parents moved me in the middle of my 10th grade year, a month before I turned 16. I was depressed and rebellious and was introduced to the marijuana cigarette, who would remain my friend for about another 5 years. I also got involved in my first serious relationship that lasted 4.5 years. So between the munchies, alcohol, and being "too" comfortable in my relationship I got on the chunky side (the short haircut didn't help things either).
I graduated college at the age of 21 and started waiting tables (I wasn't ready to get a "real" job). We all know what kind of night life that is. Working late, eating enchiladas with chili con queso at midnight then heading to the bars and drinking until 2 in the morning, and then doing it all over the next night. During that time I met Jorge. We were party animals (it's crazy to think how different we have become in the past 6.5 years). Anyway, after we got engaged I FINALLY had motivation to look good-the wedding, and the dress that I had to fit in to. I stopped drinking beer and walked about 3 miles every single night and lost 20 pounds, not too bad huh?
Years later I had my first baby and gained 37 pounds and then lost it. And then I got pregnant again and gained 30 pounds and now I have 4 more pounds to lose until I am at my pre-pregnancy weight .
I am 28 years old with 2 small children and I work 45 hours a week and I have never felt better in my life. I have changed my lifestyle since having Mia. I have been eating SOO much better. No, not dieting...just not eating crap all the time, little changes...eating more fruits and vegetables and less cheetos and fried foods. I have been running 2.5 miles every day. I NEVER ran before now and I love it!
For all of those moms out there who think you don't have the time- you do! It is a lifestyle choice. You CAN be that M.I.L.F you want to be. Do it for your children. I am bringing sexy back and I have never felt better. Justin Timberlake eat your heart out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.