Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby come back

I can't believe Mia will be 8 months in just 12 short days. I couldn't wait for her to start sleeping through the night and now I feel she sleeps "too much." In the past 6 weeks she has started sleeping through the night, crawling, getting her first bottom teeth, and saying "da-da." OMG-where is my baby Mia?? I longed for the newborn stage to end and now I am buying her Gerber snacks that have a "crawler" icon on them.
My heart is saddened. Mainly because this might be the last child I have...I might never hold a naked newborn against my chest "skin to skin" as the doctors call it, or experience that close bond during breast feeding. I know I could have another child and believe me Jorge and I have gone back and forth through the pros and cons...Pros-becoming a mother again to a beautiful baby. Cons-$$, being pregnant, getting pre-pregnant body back, no sleep...well you can see which list is getting longer.
So, for all of you pregnant mothers out there ENJOY it! Being pregnant is the easy part and it only lasts 9 months, being a mother is the difficult part and it lasts forever.
Don't wish the months away, enjoy the sleepless nights and the blob stage where your baby can do nothing but lay there. Now Mia is crawling and I can't take my eyes off her. She is mobile. I blinked and this happened.
Kiss your babies, stare into their beautiful eyes, tickle their tiny toes, grab their little hands and LOVE them, unconditionally. Be sure to thank God if they are healthy and ask God to give you the strength if they are not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.