Saturday, October 23, 2010

All Aboard!!

Ironically my last post was about never wanting to get in the car with my children again...and a month later here I am blogging about another road trip. "What the hell Sharon," is probably what most of you are thinking, right? Why would I want to put myself through that again just 4 short weeks later.
Well, Jorge found an event called A Day Out with Thomas (it includes a train ride) and and we just had to go. It is located in Rusk, Texas about 3 hours from here and was every bit worth the ride. Hudson is in love with Thomas (that's probably an understatement) the train engine and we just couldn't pass up this opportunity. But we were a little smarter this time and we bought personal televisions with DVD players for the kids (filled with Thomas movies) and instead of listening to Mia cry the entire way, I just held her on my lap when needed...shh don't tell anyone. I don't want to end up in the tabloids like poor Brittany Spears for it. Jorge and I could not go through that agony again, I know you understand even if you don't approve.
So, we arrived in Palestine yesterday and stayed in a wonderful bed and breakfast! The room was absolutely beautiful (pictures will be included in this post). There were 23 acres to run around in, a pond to fish in, swings/slide for the kids, a fire pit to roast marshmallows in...everything you could want in a weekend getaway. There was also another couple (Kelly and Jim) staying there with their 3.5 year old grandson, Caleb. We drank beer with them all night and roasted marshmallows by the fire with the boys, it was so relaxing.
The next morning we woke up and drove to Rusk (about 31 miles) and arrived at the Rusk Train Depot. Upon arriving there was a huge banner that read, A Day Out with Thomas. We parked the car and hurried to meet Thomas. The look on Hudson's face was priceless. "There's Thomas the Engine" as he grinned ear to ear. He hopped out of the stroller and ran over to get his picture taken with Thomas. I was a proud momma!
The entire day was eventful. Besides the 3o minute train ride there was a petting zoo, bounce house, hay ride, live music, trains to play with and all the fried, greasy, I shouldn't be eating you food but I am anyway (ie: funnel cakes, corn dogs, french fries, chicken tenders, etc) DELICIOUS!! I mean how often can someone eat a funnel cake, AMAZING!!
The day was over quickly and we got in the car and started on our journey back. Hudson fell asleep within 15 minutes and woke up later wanting to watch Thomas. Within minutes of pulling into the driveway Hudson said, "you want to play trains?" You have got to be kidding me...and for the last 3 hours he has been playing with Thomas, James, and Percy. What a wonderful weekend with my wonderful family.
I am utterly exhausted, but completely excited about our future road trips with my 2...make that 3 angels from God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.