Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I told you to give me a key!

Let me preface this story by saying my mom has been asking for a key to our house since we moved in, it's not enough that she has the code that opens the garage door, so...
When Mia was about 3 weeks old Jorge was in the garage cleaning it out and painting it trying to make it look all pretty and clean. Hudson and I had gone bike riding for about 45 minutes or so and Mia was chillin' in her swing in the living/dining room area asleep. When Hudson and I returned Jorge said that we had somehow got locked out of the house and that we needed to call a Locksmith. I could hear Mia crying inside and knew that the Locksmith was not going to be here on time. It's not like she was on top of the kitchen counter or sitting next to a tiger, but my mother's instinct said, "we have to get her out of there, break the window!!" So Jorge went and got a hammer and busted the window open, glass went everywhere! He went in the house and she was still chillin' with her eyes closed, probably didn't even notice that we were gone. So we had to call and get estimates and wait a WEEK for the window to get repaired because they had to order the glass. During that week my mother popped by to say hello (while I was gone). I asked Jorge if she saw the window and he said yes. In my mother's voice I said, " You should have given me a key and this never would have happened." Jorge said yes, that is EXACTLY what she said. I will not post on here how much we paid to repair the DOUBLE paned window, but it was a few hundred pennies...The lesson to this story is not that my mother was right but that we need to make sure we have a key hidden somewhere. Maybe we should invest in one of those "fake" rocks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.