Monday, November 21, 2011

Running Girl

Ahhh vacation, I finally get to catch up on my blogging. This entry is not only about running, it's about dedication. About 2 months after Mia was born I took up running. I had never ran a day in my life...well I tried out for 8th grade track (800 meter), but my knocked knees didn't get me too far and I didn't even last the entire season.
People always tell me I walk fast, "mall walker" fast, (okay maybe faster than that). A friend of mine at work even calls me Speedy Gonzales, but I couldn't run half a mile to save my life. Here I am over a year later and I have ran 5ks, 10ks and I just ran 10.5 miles last weekend in preparation for my first half marathon next month!! I couldn't believe it, I didn't stop once. My legs felt like jello afterward, and I still feel like I have been hit by a mac truck, but I did it!!! When will my legs stop being so sore from it...I wonder.
Running is my me time. I didn't even know what "me" time was until I had children. Every minute of every day was me time. I could start drinking happy hour with friends at 3:30, I could take a 2 hour nap on the weekend if I wanted too, I could shop (and not just online). Now, I can't even go to the restroom without Hudson asking me what I am doing, and Mia standing there watching me. When I run I jam out to some Ke$ha just loudly enough so I can still hear my feet hitting the pavement and all of my endless thoughts running through my mind. I can run off those greasy beef enchiladas and chips and salsa and not feel so guilty about eating some more the next day.
I wish I would have picked up this habit before I was 29 years, but like they say, "better late than never." I don't know how long I will continue to run. But it is addicting, and I love to eat. So I have a feeling I will be a running girl for awhile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Enter you comment here.